Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Conclusion

This internship was a great learning experience for me, it was my first exposure to working in a glass studio as a job outside of school. I learned that not every shop is the same and being able to be flexible and adjust to working in different environments is important. I now have incredibly valuable experience working with people other than my peers and instructors at school. I’ve gotten used to a regular work schedule and I must say that I really enjoy it!

The techniques and skills that I have developed this summer will certainly show through into my own personal work, every moment of practicing glass is so important to my own practice. Many of the things I have been practicing are directly translatable to things I needed to work on in my work as well. I feel a hundred times more comfortable coldworking than I did before, I believe this confidence will help me push to greater leaps in the development of my projects. I’ve found that working in this environment has helped my creative thinking and problem solving, and my ideas are progressing to be more fully developed than before. I am really looking forward to using everything I learned during this upcoming semester.  

I would be very sad to leave Remark Glass but I am incredibly grateful for being offered a job and keep working with everyone throughout the school year! Not only has this internship helped me develop my skills and learn what it is like to work outside of the school environment, but now I can continue doing so. I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am to continue working with them. I’m looking forward to seeing what I will be helping work on next. Remark has been an incredibly positive working environment and I’m glad I will be able to stay around to see the place continue to grow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment