Monday, June 5, 2017

#3 Fame is weird, work is hard (ish)


I have to start off by saying that I casually walked by Jesse Eisenberg on the sidewalk Thursday afternoon and nearly died because I love him and NY is magical. Here is a picture of Mr. Eisenberg in case, like my sister ,whom I called seconds later, you know his face and not his name.


This week started off pretty slow with me tying up some projects I had been working on, but quickly sped up as the the days moved forward. The Company had two performances this weekend and a lot of promotional things that still needed to happen to get the word out about it, so I did my best to help out with that. I got to see the piece they were performing in both rehearsal and during their show on Friday evening and it was really helpful to see the notes that Eryc gave and then have that translated to performance. I noticed that each time the work was performed it read a little bit more, and although that seems obvious, I was secretly surprised that it wasn't flawless the first time around. Even though they hadn’t performed that particular work in a year, there was something comforting in the fact that even professional dance companies need to walk through their pieces and set themselves up before getting into a groove.


I think i’m starting to learn a lot about how I work under pressure and what methods of organization work best for me to efficiently get things done. I’m a very plan-ahead kind of person and when I get tasks, I usually want to get them done as quickly and accurately as possible so I don’t wait until the last minute. Now with the projects i’ve recently been assigned, things kind of pop up and we have to do them as they become known to us. Although i’m uncomfortable with this type of real-life pressure, I think it’s good practice for when I don’t get to control every little thing that happens in my life. Right now, i’m trying to sort out the things I can do on my own vs. the things I need extra information about such as social media passwords, contact info, and general knowledge that I couldn't possibly know prior to working with the company. I’m hoping that this week will be much smoother now that the performances are over and I’ll be able to continue working on these projects!

Here is one of the many pictures I took in rehearsal the other day, edited for hours, and then decided I liked the originals better.

More to come~


.


No comments:

Post a Comment